Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Housekeeping Again

Dear Readers,

I want to take a moment to discuss the new threaded Comments Section, which when sprung upon me and you without warning by BLOGGER, seemed like a great addition.
Perhaps it is, but to be honest, I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

I've tried to help by installing a 'Recent comment list' in the right margin of the Blog and I hope it helps until we all get used to the new system, which I'm sure we will.

The first effect of the change is that we're likely to see more comments as readers reply individually to each comment instead of making batch replies.

So be it.
I am unable to change threaded comments, even if I wanted to, the option not afforded to EDITORS by the ubiquitous BLOGGER.

At any rate, I'm glad to report that this week our blog saw over 15,000 page views, a new record. I will always refer to NDOA as 'our' blog, because reader comments are as, or more important than my contribution.

Fridays post received over 160 comments and over 12,000 words in response.
I'm very pleased that I've provided a forum for discussions that are sorely lacking by the politically correct English media.

As for TROLLS.
Bless you all, you're part of the debate.
I won't restrict access, as I've said before. I will not become a censurer, unless you cross a line.
Please try to be droll or sarcastic in your denunciations. I do so enjoy a witty or sarcastic put down, even directed at myself!

I would also ask Trolls to adopt a screen name, it won't kill you or affect your anonymity. It will allow others reply directly.

As for comments that are suppressed, I'll repeat my policy;
Anything overtly racist or insulting, without any redeeming value will be axed.
Mindless quotes from public personalities- Karl Marx, Pierre Falardeau, Rene Levesque et als, meant  to be  'in your face' insults, won't be tolerated.

Thank you all for your contributions!

1 comment: