Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Housekeeping- How to See Banned Comments

I know many of you follow the comments section rather religiously and I thought I'd share a little device that makes the challenge of seeing what was recently posted through the different  blog posts easier.

If you use a RSS client to follow multiple websites and blogs, you can add the No Dogs or Anglophones 'comments' feed to your client reader.
For those who know what I'm talking about, here's the web address, you just need to add it to the "Add Feed" box on your particular RSS client.  It will automatically update during the day and you will see all the recently posted comments from all the different blog pieces.

http://nodogsoranglophones.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default?alt=rss


Interestingly, you can see those comments which I have chosen not to publish.
It's my policy to publish the offending post and then immediately suppress it, so that the poster can see a message telling him or her that the comment has been removed.
But the RSS aggregator  publishes the post immediately and it is therefore available on your RSS reader!

I don't envisage changing this policy so if you are interested, go for it!
Its a good way for me to of filter comments yet allow those really interested in seeing them.  I guess it serves the interests of transparency.

I don't use Windows, but am told that a RRS feed aggregator is built into 'Explorer'. For others I can recommend Google Reader, which is easy enough to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment