Thirty-five years ago, she along with Camille Laurin, the father of Bill 101 were the two personalities that became notorious not only for their militancy, but for the absolute delight that they hardly masked in taking down the English community a peg.
Perhaps Terry Mosher (drawing under the pen named "AISLIN") the famed Montreal Gazette political cartoonist summed up the collective feeling of the English community's opinion of her in depicting the bogey-woman Beaudoin in a Nazi-like dominatrix outfit, ready to crack the whip on unrepentant Anglos. Incidentally, this caricature is considered one of the finest ever produced by a Canadian political cartoonist.
There is no political radical, religious fanatic or cultist, so dangerous as those who believe in their divine right to dictate their view on a captive community. Smug, arrogant and superior, these Quebec ideologues consider the great unwashed unworthy of making their own decisions and believe that there is a certain noble calling in forcing people to do the 'right thing.'
Now Madame Beaudoin is back, preaching more limits on personal freedom. The latest assault is the so-called 'Charter of Secularism', a project that would remove religion from public life and render the government officially neutral when it comes to all matters pertaining to the divine.
"We need to draw a line in the sand, that will separate politics and religion in order to have a totally secular Quebec" Louise Beaudoin
Madame Beaudoin and friends are using the debate over Bill 94 (outlawing the veil in various degrees) to push the Province towards a radical extreme, removing all religion from Quebec society.
Madame Beaudoin has been vocal in warning that she intends on pursuing an agenda that is much more serious than just banning the burqa. For that reason the Premier has back pedalled furiously and delayed hearings into the matter until the Fall. The hearings are fast looking to become a xenophobic repeat of the Bouchard/Taylor commission.
Beaudoin makes no bones about the fact that she is preparing a comprehensive and all-out assault on religion with the goal to removing all vestiges of religion from public life.
On the immediate agenda;
- the de-subsidization of private religious schools.
- the de-subsidization of religious day-care.
- the banning of any religious clothing or jewelry in any public institution, including schools, hospitals government offices and the courts by both employees and users.
- the banning of any type of religious accommodation at all.
- the total removal of religious affiliation in public institutions (think-Jewish General Hospital and its Kosher food)
- The banning of Kosher or Halal designations on widely distributed food. (Only specialty stores would be allowed to sell these items.
- Banning private religious schools.
- Banning private religious day-cares.
- Banning religious garb in public
- Banning private Sunday school classes
- Removing tax status of religious organizations
- Banning all religious clothing and medallions in public.
If you read French, here is one example of a bitter attack on organized religion. LINK
Louise Beaudoin is a radical secularist, as well as a radical separatist. She is showing her teeth again like the nasty old pit bull that she is.
The evil bitch is back ...... and she wants your God.