Friday, March 5, 2010

Kevin Parent- Clarification

A couple of days ago I recounted the story of Francophone singer Kevin Parent and the saga of his altercation with a group of Anglos in Quebec City. You can read that post HERE.

At the end of the article I stated that Kevin apologized to Quebec City for impugning their reputation by inferring that there are ongoing brawls between Anglophones and Francophones during Carnival and Spring Break.
I took him to task along with militant bloggers for not apologizing to Anglos for the misinformation.

I came to this conclusion after reading many online articles about the show and his apology to the City of Quebec. I didn't see anywhere any mention of an apology to Anglos.

I guess few people watched the episode of the talk show "Tout le monde en parle" where he made his remarks and like me, everyone was probably watching the Olympics closing ceremony.

Yesterday I was dumping my DVR when I noticed that I had taped the actual episode of the talk show.

I found this. Kevin Parent reading from a prepared text on TLMP.

Aside from apologizing to the City of Quebec, he most certainly included an apology to Anglophones.

I cannot understand how the mainstream press failed to report it.

I got my facts wrong on this particular fact and it's my turn to apologize to Kevin Parent.

Here's the video with English subtitles which I added.

1 comment: